Customer Success Manager
Remote job description
Tessian protects every business's mission by securing the human layer ?
We're building intelligent security that works for human beings as they are, not how security policies would like them to be. Using machine learning technology, Tessian automatically predicts and eliminates advanced threats on email caused by human error - like data exfiltration, accidental data loss, business email compromise and phishing attacks - with minimal disruption to employees' workflow. As a result, employees are empowered to do their best work, without security getting in their way. You can read more about Human Layer Security here.
Tessian has raised a $74m Series C led by renowned security investors, March Capital (Crowdstrike, Knowbe4), with follow-on from Sequoia, Accel, Balderton, Latitude, Okta, Sozo, Citi & Schroder Adveq, to further our mission to secure the human layer.
Founded in 2013, Tessian is backed by world-class venture capital investors, has hubs in San Francisco, Boston, Austin, and London, and is one of the Top-3 2021 Best Places to Work for Women.
Customer Success at Tessian - USA
Customer-centricity is at the forefront of everything we do at Tessian. We've built a world-class Customer Success team, and are now looking for an ambitious CSM to join our ranks in the US.
Taking ownership of a strategically critical portfolio of customers, you'll be working closely with organizations ranging from 300-5000 employees, across industries (legal, financial, technology, etc) and stakeholder roles (incl. CIOs, CTOs, CISOs). As well as being responsible for renewals and advocacy in our US customer base, you'll be a bridge between Product and our customers - communicating our technology, understanding pain-points and interpreting future customer needs to inform product development.
We're looking for brilliant communicators, builders and straight-up hustlers to give our customers the world-class support they deserve - building strong and meaningful partnerships at all levels.
In this position you'll get to:
- Own and engage with a portfolio of 40+ customers.
- Build a deep understanding of Tessian's product and consult customers on how to accelerate their business objectives.
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with executive stakeholders (incl. CIOs, CTOs, CISOs).
- Fully own your book of business from a revenue perspective, assuming responsibility for revenue and NRR targets.
- Own the renewal process - identifying expansion opportunities, and proactively mitigating against churn risk.
- Own and deliver customer review meetings - accurately assessing customer health, helping to define adoption strategies and ultimately ensuring value realization.
- Be the voice of the customer internally, driving continuous improvement in Tessian's product and processes.
- ... put your own stamp on Tessian's business! CSMs at Tessian work with every other team across the business. This is an opportunity for true business exposure and a natural springboard into many other teams across the business.
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Is driven & highly ambitious.
- Is a best-in-class communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Has experience working in a fast paced, high-growth B2B SaaS technology environment, selling enterprise software.
- Has 3-5 years of quota carrying account or customer success management experience, with responsibilities over retention as well as expansion.
- Understands the Legal, Financial and Professional Services sectors.
- Is a self-starter, full of new ideas and ready to get stuck in.
- ... has a unique experience that you believe is relevant and an advantage. Every CSM is different and we embrace that.
All Tessians are part of the journey we're on, so we offer equity options with every role and benchmark against other VC-backed companies to provide above market rate salaries for companies of our size.
Beyond this, there's plenty more that makes Tessian a great place to work:
A full week of work-remote a year (for those who aren't fully remote!), in addition to 31 days of paid holiday (20 days PTO + 11 federal holidays)
An extra day of paid holiday (up to 5) for every year you're with us!
Curate your career with development experiences uniquely suited to you
We're family friendly, with policies built to support you in all stages of life
Up to 60 days of working abroad, limited to 30 days per trip a year
Spill - employee mental health support through Slack
High-quality MacOs tech kit for you to work on
Comprehensive & generous health insurance options
If you're relocating to join the team in person, we'll provide a contribution to help with your costs
On Fridays we stop early for a virtual happy hour (or, to just log off for the weekend!)
Classpass subsidy - which you can use for either in person or virtual classes
A work-from-home subsidy for every new joiner to cover all your home office must-haves or, if you are fully remote we will kit out your home office through our remote office provider, First Base.
Amazing Remote socials with food and drink budgets
Fertility support via Carrot covering adoption, surrogacy support, fertility treatments, support during pregnancy and more
And, if you are based near one of our hubs (currently Boston & Austin), you will also have access to:
An array of breakfast options, delicious snacks, drinks and a top-of-the-range coffee machine
Flexible work from home policy (for those who aren't already fully remote)
Team lunch provided once a week
Whole team socials every quarter
Dinner budget for those times you just can't tear yourself away
,,,and here are another 200 reasons!
Equality & diversity
Our mission to empower and protect people is a reflection of two of our values: Human First and We Do the Right Thing. For us, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is also a reflection of these core values.
As a human first company, we are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where all our Tessians have the opportunity to thrive. We strive for a better Tessian, and a better world. We're working inside and outside Tessian to improve diversity and equity in our industry, and foster an environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging.
Our strategy touches each part of a Tessian's life cycle, from applicant to employee, ensuring that we keep DEI at the core of every point in our candidate and employee experience. Read more about our DEI commitments here.
Obligatory small print
Please note that we do not accept applications or r?sum?s from recruiters. Any unsolicited CVs, profiles, or names, submitted in any format, by any channel, to any of our team, will be deemed to fall outside any terms and/or conditions with either the person submitting the information or their company of employment/representation.
Please note, that any job offers will be subject to the candidate passing background screening checks.
We're a #LI-Remote company offering Choice First working practices where possible.
Company name: Tessian
Remote job title: Customer Success Manager
Job tags: Software as a Service, B2B, Customer Success Management