Customer Onboarding Program Manager
Remote job description
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That's the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we're building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We're looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent's enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you're just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you'll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Confluent's Customer Onboarding Team is focused on showing our customers love by expediting their path to value in their subscription. We are change management agents and trusted advisors to customers spanning across all countries, industries, and roles. We are also drivers of change within our own organization, contributing to many strategic initiatives impacting the company's long-term growth and success.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Onboarding Program Manager to aid in building out a best-in-class global onboarding program.
Our Onboarding Program Manager will be a customer-obsessed hands-on leader who loves getting into the details while also being able to think and act strategically. The OM will be responsible for the ongoing development, program & operational management, and scale of the onboarding program. You will be responsible for working cross-functionally across sales, marketing, and operations to define and implement Confluent's customer onboarding strategy at scale. This role will be instrumental in collaborating with CS leadership to define the future vision, strategy, and roadmap for Confluent's onboarding services.
- Lead/Manage all aspects of the Confluent onboarding offerings, including strategic planning, program development and the tactical execution of those programs
- Work cross-functionally to drive operational requirements and implement processes to scale the sale and delivery of onboarding services, from pre-sales through implementation
- Act as an escalation point for onboarding services, working with the team to develop solutions to problems, drive customer alignment and be accountable for engagement success
- Analyze customer and team performance data to make informed decisions about operational and procedural changes.
- Actively manage performance against adoption and consumption targets; maintain control of schedules, onboarding forecasts, and managing risk areas to ensure targets are achieved
- Identify opportunities to maximize customer value both during and after the onboarding experience via new and innovative methods you test and show success with
- Work with departments across the organization cross-functionally to globally align onboarding programs
- Provide a framework and enable colleagues in global offices to implement best practices from the onboarding services playbook
- A leader with a bias towards action and the ability to build Experience working effectively with all levels of management & stakeholders
- Proven track record of cross-functional alignment across departments
- Ability to use data to analyze results and make data-driven decisions to identify and implement new opportunities to drive customer success
- Program Management
- Ability to influence cross-functionally without authority
- Highly motivated, goal-driven, resourceful, outgoing, inquisitive, and customer-centric.
- Honest and transparent partner to internal partners and customers, winning and keeping their trust.
- Exceptionally well organized / detail-oriented with outstanding oral and written skills.
- Technically competent with a fundamental understanding of Confluent technology, offerings, and value proposition.
- Customer obsessed -- a passion for understanding, driving, and improving customer adoption
- Ability to multi-task with a high number of projects at any given time.
- Demonstrated global thinking and impactful related actions
- A track record in successfully managing and driving change; is highly adaptable
- Collaborative inventive team player. Our culture is critical, we lean on each other!
- Experience implementing and supporting large-scale technology solutions
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
Job title: Customer Onboarding Program Manager
Job tags: big data, infrastructure, open-source