Vendor Operations Manager, Partner Team
Remote job description
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the Role:
Our team is a central Vendor Management organization across Robinhood. We're looking for a Vendor Operations Manager to contribute to Robinhood's growth by ensuring Robinhood and its internal customers get exceptional value from our vendors. As a Vendor Operations Manager, you will play a meaningful role maintaining the relationships of various business teams and providing strategic vendor solutions that support the needs of the business. In addition, we are looking for someone who can also collaborate efficiently and partner closely with AML, Sanctions, Privacy/Security, Legal, Enterprise Risk, Internal Audit, Finance and Procurement counterparts. The goal of the team is to promote efficiency, scale, and deploying vendor management frameworks company-wide.
You will play a critical role on the Vendor Management team to scale our processes, tools, and workflows. This role requires a mix of operational and data analysis, strong technical acumen, and collaborative skills. The ideal candidate is passionate about relentless process improvement, has experience analyzing and deriving insights from multiple platforms, analytics and Business Intelligence tools to support in communicating progress towards vendor performance, and has rewired systems to speed up a company's rate of growth.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Maintain oversight with our critical third-party vendor relationships
- Directly responsible for vendor operations and performance results for all vendor related activities across that line of business
- Monitor vendor performance to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and service level agreements are being consistently met
- Lead and coordinate strategic monthly, quarterly and annual business reviews
- Acting as a key partner to executive leadership and partners across the business to design and present critical data to improve system performance.
- Assisting in the technology and program roadmap for the Vendor Management team, including SLA performance, leading day to day reporting and internal feedback from primary business owners on critical vendors.
- Developing continuous improvement processes to scale and help business units meet goals or objectives
- Define and lead core metrics, SLAs and KPIs for vendors
- Lead root cause analysis and implement corrective action measures for operational performance
- Partner with leadership in establishing internal vendor governance framework, oversight and performance management strategy to improve operational value
- Develop quarterly vendor scorecards and assessments
- Lead escalations and develop vital contingency plans
- Work closely with compliance teams to ensure proper due diligence, risk assessment and continuous monitoring of our third-party relationships
- Responsible for driving operational targets
- Support vendor selection, agreements, on-boarding, off-boarding, and overall vendor operations strategy
- Monitor overages, upcoming contract renewals and work with Finance & Procurement teams to prepare for re-negotiation
- Assist as a key partner in the vendor management lifecycle of selection, negotiations, internal on-boarding reviews, contracting, PO and payment issuance
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- B.A./B.S. in Business, Operations, Finance, Supply Chain, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3-5+ years of experience in vendor operations, consulting, program management or process improvement
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment
- Excellent organizational, strategic planning, analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with leadership
- Tried leader running global 3rd party global vendors
- Prior experience working with engineering and/or technical teams
- Experience using data to provide creative solutions for critical initiatives
- Ability to establish workflows, lead multiple projects, develop report-outs, and meet necessary deadlines
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Lean and/or Six Sigma experience, PMP certification
- Familiarity with data visualization or BI tools Looker
Job title: Vendor Operations Manager, Partner Team
Job tags: analytics, mobile, transaction fees