Screening Compliance Operations Specialist
Remote job description
The primary responsibility of a Compliance Ops Specialist at Wise is to ensure that all control changes, operational enhancements and stakeholder communication accurately reflect the operations teams and the regulatory landscape in which their team operates. They act as the liaison between their operational team and Product compliance and Oversight and Growth teams.
The subject role will be in the Screening team, which is responsible for Wise's screening program for Sanctions, Politically Exposed Persons ('PEP') and Adverse Media.
The responsibilities of a Compliance Operations Specialists include, but are not limited to:
- External Communication. The Compliance Ops Specialist will present their team's procedures on behalf of Wise and defend them as required in front of external parties such as bank partners, auditors or regulators.
- Procedure. This individual is responsible for maintaining and updating existing procedures for their teams. This includes any manuals or guidelines which are shared to external stakeholders.
- Driving efficiency and effectiveness. The Compliance Ops Specialist should be able to identify opportunities for control enhancement and/or operational efficiencies, work with Product Compliance to implement these and be comfortable defending proposals to the Oversight team independently.
- Control changes. This individual is able to identify control gaps, escalate them to Oversight, suggest solutions to Product and provide support for the Oversight approval process on any required control changes. While doing so the Compliance Ops Specialist will liaise with the respective Ops team lead to ensure that operational impact is accounted for. The Compliance Ops Specialist will furthermore ensure that procedures are updated as a result of control changes and any training/guidance to the team is implemented, with help from Product Compliance.
- Implementation of Risk Based Approach. This individual should be confident in designing and implementing an appropriate Risk Based Approach in their team's controls.
The Compliance Operations Specialist should have the following skills:
- Previous experience in working on projects - acting/ working on large multi-faceted projects with minimal supervision.
- Analytics. This individual is comfortable using data to defend why a control change or process efficiency makes sense.
- Product knowledge. A Compliance Ops Specialist understands the ins and outs of their team's product and how it works, and has a good grasp of the capacity of the team.
- Regulatory knowledge and risk awareness. This individual has a good understanding of the regulations that underpin the work of their team, as well as a thorough comprehension of regulatory and operational risk.
- Communication Skills. This individual should have great communication skills and is a strong relationship builder.
- Critical thinking. A Compliance Ops Specialist must be able to use critical thinking when reviewing risks and finding possible mitigates.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Language Skills. This individual should have very good verbal & written English skills, any other languages are a plus.
- Application review: Resume and Cover Letter including answering the questions below.
- HireVue video interview
- Take Home test
- Final interview with the team
Questions to be answered in your Cover Letter:
Please share an example where you worked with multiple teams and stakeholders on an impactful project. What were some challenges you had to overcome? What problem did you try to solve and what were your personal contributions?
- P.S! You need to be legally authorised to work full time in Hungary (we can't sponsor visas for this role).
- We are taking applications for this role until 27th of December 2021!
Company name: Wise
Remote job title: Screening Compliance Operations Specialist
Job tags: marketplace, fintech, forex, sharing economy