RHY Risk Manager
Remote job description
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
The Robinhood Money ("RHY") Risk Manager owns the Risk Management Program for RHY. The Risk Manager is also responsible for establishing effective risk management processes to ensure sufficient risk monitoring, measurement, escalation and remediation.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Owning RHY operational risks programs, including analysis, assessment, monitoring, documentation, and escalating to the risk and operating committee and the RHY board as needed.
- Working closely with our engineering and product teams to launch, improve, de-risk, and scale Robinhood's products and systems.
- Maintain a risk framework, as well as a robust process to categorize and track existing issues.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to create and prioritize risk remediation efforts, overseeing remediation efforts to ensure corrective actions are completed timely.
- Assessing potential business or product changes for risks and impact, providing input, and designing and implementing mitigation strategies and controls.
- Collaborating with the operational teams, compliance teams, and the enterprise risk management team to regularly and frequently take stock of current business risks and implement mitigating controls
- Monitor risk trends and levels against the firm's risk framework and report status to management on a regular basis.
- Consulting the business on defining and supervising key risk indicators, risk reporting process and thresholds at function and entity level
- Coordinating and helping manage audits
- Compiling risk and operating committee meeting agendas and driving discussion and focus areas
- 6+ years experience in risk management in the financial services industry, especially in the money services sector.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related fields, or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent program management skills
- Deep understanding of operational and financial risk management
- Detail-oriented and long-term mentality, ability to identify and mitigate risks proactively
- A track record for assessing emerging risks and designing and program-managing mitigation tactics
- Ability to work independently and coordinate across multiple functional groups
- Resourcefulness and agility in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments
- Familiarity with money service operations
- Experience managing projects collaborating with technical and non-technical teams
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Job title: RHY Risk Manager
Job tags: analytics, mobile, transaction fees