International Research Lead
Remote job description
Menlo Park, CA, New York, NY, or Remote
Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance? 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials? 2021
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
Research has been central to our product development and business strategy since the very beginning-and our team continues to grow, along with our user base and product. Working on Robinhood's Research Team, you'll help us systematically understand how people interact with financial products and how they think and feel about money.
As the International User Experience Research Lead, you'll build out Robinhood's international research practice to support the global expansion of our product and business. In partnership with product and ops leadership, you'll shape where, when, and how Robinhood grows and conduct original research to build a deep understanding of customers, products, and brands in these locations.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Driving international research initiatives from beginning to end, leveraging a strong command of quantitative and qualitative UX research methods - including advanced survey methodology (e.g., sampling, questionnaire design, data analysis, and overseeing the translation and localization of global surveys).
- Partnering with in-house researchers across different teams, as well as external vendors when necessary.
- Being a strategic partner to product, marketing, ops, design, and engineering - identifying key research questions, sharing insights, and acting as a thought leader on our international strategy.
- Generating a foundational understanding of various markets and potential customers there.
- Communicating your research insights in a crisp, opinionated, and compelling way that drives action.
- Collaborating closely with other insights functions, including data science, to triangulate and contextualize different data sources.
- Masters or PhD Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Behavioral Economics, Anthropology, Sociology, or similar
- 6-8+ years of research experience, conducting primary global research studies, either in a research agency or in-house setting.
- Expertise with various qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and techniques, including in-depth interviews and focus groups executed with translators.
- Experience partnering with local research vendors to implement research across geographies.
- Exceptional prioritization and time-management skills
- Clear and compelling presentation and storytelling skills, with a strong track record of using insights to drive impact.
- Able to balance a need for speed and DIY spirit with rigor and commitment to craft
- Able to think big and understand complex problems, and to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission-we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).Summary
Company name: Robinhood
Remote job title: International Research Lead
Job tags: transaction fees, analytics, mobile