Business Development Executive
Remote job description
Adzuna is a job search engine that lists every job, everywhere. From launch in the UK in 2011, we now have more than 10 million visitors a month and are busy conquering the world from our office in West London, helping millions of people find better, more fulfilling jobs.
Adzuna's success to date has been down to the skills, hard work and determination of the brilliant and diverse group of people we have hired across the globe. Right now, we're looking for a Business Development Executive to join the company's exciting Emerging Markets team. This is an incredible opportunity to work on new business accounts and take our Italian market to the next level, making a difference by helping companies hire more of the right people, with the support of a first-class team.
You will be joining our diverse international team and working alongside our Italian Country Manager. The team will benefit from your experience to date but even more important is the passion you bring to work every day. You will strive for excellence, try new things, inspire and engage those around you and feel ownership of overall company success as well as pride in doing your bit.
What's in it for you?
What's in it for you? Adzuna is a growing scale-up, championing real change in the job market globally - using the power of tech to match people to better, more fulfilling jobs. We're at a really pivotal time in our journey, and it's an exciting moment to join. We're growing rapidly in particular on the back of expanding our labour market data offerings and growing year on year (and hiring!) despite COVID-19.
Like everyone here, you will act like an owner, be a team player and make a difference. It's an opportunity to work with a smart team led by experienced management and dedicated and passionate Founders.
It's not an easy feat, but our aim is to create a business of which we are all proud and an environment where you will love to be, where you can be yourself to do what you do best.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Proven ability to grow and maintain a balanced portfolio of clients through new customer acquisition
- Scaling our partnerships network to grow our jobseeker base and deliver quality applicants to employers
- Assist in market research to identify new customer segments or partner opportunities
- Actively work in tandem with the central marketing team on SEO, Content, press releases for the Italian marketing and other marketing activities
- Coordinate and work on the growth of our local traffic partners network
- Perform quality checks on the platform to make sure we're providing job seekers the best experience
- Work with the Product team on localisations and product improvements.
- Have a complete understanding of Adzuna's proposition; products and services to enable all customers' needs to be serviced (we'll teach you this!)
- Liaise closely with the Marketing & Sales teams focussed on other markets to ensure continued world-class user experience for all current and prospective clients
- Report back any competitive information/sales trends you feel would be useful to the business
- Document sales trends and customer/prospect feedback and report back to management
- Support our Italian Country Manager and Regional Manager (and possibly other members of the international team) on larger accounts and miscellaneous administrative tasks
We don't like to put people in boxes, but you're likely to be able to demonstrate experience of, or aptitude for much of the below:
- 1-3 years of work experience
- Strong numerical skills, able to analyse and optimise campaigns
- High competence with MS Office suite (Excel) or Google Workspace
- Demonstrable negotiation skills
- Strong people skills and passion for great customer service
- You should not be afraid to pick up the phone and call a prospect or customer
- Fluency in English and Italian(strong communication skills, both verbal and written)
It's a bonus if you have:
- A good understanding of online advertising ideally with CPC and CPA models/ pricing
- Prior experience in account management or business development
- Used tools such as Google Analytics and CRM applications
- Any additional language skills
- Enjoy working to time-driven targets with a flexible, positive attitude
- Highly organised with great attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Strong numerical skills
- Show a desire to make decisions, take ownership and make judgement calls
- An ambitious, energetic and smart person who enjoys building strong relationships with their clients and team alike
- Reward: We offer a competitive financial package which includes competitive salary, stock options, a contributory pension scheme and Perks at Work.
- Wellbeing: We take the wellbeing of our employees seriously and have taken every step possible to protect the health and wellbeing of our people during COVID-19. Amongst other things, we offer healthcare through Babylon Health, access to free counselling and a programme of wellbeing activities and events. We have a flexible working policy and during COVID-19, for the foreseeable, no one is expected back in the office unless they choose to attend. We also run regular wellbeing workshops, offer enhanced maternity and paternity leave because we welcome people with families, and 25 days paid holiday per year
- Training: Through our Adzuna Academy training programme, attending (virtual) conferences, team training budgets, individual development plans and coaching from experienced and supportive peers and managers.
- Fun stuff: An environment that is thoughtfully designed to allow for work and play including (when we're not restricted by COVID-19) a roof terrace, bar and table tennis. We have a packed social calendar, twice annual global team get-togethers and an enviable culture thanks to the amazing and smart people who make Adzuna a great place to work. Much of this is all done remotely at the moment of course - even during COVID-19 we are still managing to have a lot of fun 'together' thanks to our great Social Committee.
A bit more about Adzuna
Adzuna is a smarter, more transparent job search engine used by tens of millions of visitors per month. We love using the awesome power of technology to bring together every job in one place, help match people to better, more fulfilling jobs and keep the world working .
Adzuna.co.uk is a 100 person business operating across 16 territories and was founded in 2011 by Andrew Hunter and Doug Monro, formerly of eBay, Gumtree, Qype and Zoopla.
- We are backed by leading Venture Capital firms Passion Capital, LocalGlobe, Index Ventures and Smedvig Capital.
- We've spent a decade developing smarter, more transparent job search so jobseekers worldwide (we're in 16 countries) can zero in on the right role faster.
We also supply real-time data to the Number 10 Dashboard and Office for National Statistics labour market indices. In 2018, Adzuna won the contract to run Find a job, one of the British government's most used online services.
We treat jobseekers as people not as products. We do the same for our team, seeing the diverse range of strengths they bring to our business. Regardless of background, race, gender, sexuality or ability, we welcome everyone to our team. Our people are the most important asset we have.
- Please let us know if we need to accommodate a disability during the hiring process, so that we can give you the support you need.
- Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme.
Company name: Adzuna
Remote job title: Business Development Executive
Job tags: advertising, transaction fees, adtech, business services, hr, recruitment