Senior Partner Manager AWS /West
Remote job description
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That's the power of data in motion in action-giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we're building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We're looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent's enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow-whether you're just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you'll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We are looking for a Senior Partner Manager to develop and lead our AWS relationship in US West.
This position is responsible for the sell with/go-to-market engagement and all joint activities with AWS. This includes co-selling, strategic planning and goal setting, channel programs, marketing campaigns and programs, strategic events, and funnel management with AWS. The Partner Manager will have a myriad of different responsibilities to ensure leverage and consistent engagement with AWS to drive customer engagements, qualified pipeline, and cloud bookings that meet and exceed quota and expectations. The Partner Manager will be part of the team that coordinates Confluent sales activities and will be a central conduit for engagement management between the Confluent's sales organization, AWS, and AWS Partners. You will be a knowledge expert on all aspects of AWS and will be asked to present at QBRs, executive meetings, training, and events.
We are seeing a significant increase in the partner ecosystem interest to work with Confluent. We are looking for someone to join the Partner & Alliances team to execute on the current opportunities while building the relationships and engagement to drive our partner business to the next level of success.
Locations: CA, WA, OR, CO
- Manage all joint sell with and go-to-market activities with AWS in US-West
- Maintain awareness and track all opportunities, pipeline, and bookings and provide forecasts
- Work with West Area Sales leadership to develop a partner strategy and execute the plan in-region
- Facilitate co-selling opportunities, account mapping, and other sales engagements between Confluent's field sales and the AWS sales teams
- Deliver sales enablement to AWS field
- Work with Confluent's Partner Solutions Architects and Marketing teams to enable partners to develop, launch and support Confluent based solutions and services
- Provide support and coordination for channel activity with AWS
- Recruit, develop, and drive AWS SI partner business in the region
- Build and maintain relationships with key personnel in AWS to solidify Confluent's standing and awareness within the provider and to assist in the development of key relationships with the extended Confluent's cloud team and executives
- Direct engagement and partner relationships are a critical part of this role
- Help provide insight into the support of Public Cloud events and attend/participate in the events
- Provide support in the form of expertise and training for Confluent's field sales enablement
Key Performance Metrics and Indicators:
- Bookings generated through co-selling and influence by AWS
- Leads and opportunities sourced through engagement with AWS
- Portfolio of certified and productive partners able to support the region's business
- Ability to work well with the partners and Confluent sales organization
- Enablement of key partners and development of key partners in the region
- Partner satisfaction and loyalty
Requisite Experience and Education:
- Requires a minimum of 10+ years of related experience in Channel Partner Management or Business Development.
- Track record working with Cloud players (especially AWS) as well as their cloud-focused RSI, in joint GTM.
- Familiarity with the AWS Cloud offerings and GTM approach
- Ability to connect and articulate business and technology strategy
- The right attitude - Self-starter and can work independently with a strong sense of urgency and passion to make great things happen.
- Experience of working in a fast-moving customer-led culture is essential.
- A positive, can-do, and pragmatic approach.
- Ability to multi-task and keep a number of actions moving forward at once.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills required - both internally & with the partners.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working in Open Source software, enterprise messaging, or analytics companies is preferred
- Direct sales experience a plus
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka and/or other streaming data platforms preferred
- Knowledge of Big Data, stream processing technologies, and/or ecosystems preferred
- BA/BS degree required. MBA Preferred.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
Company name: confluent
Remote job title: Senior Partner Manager AWS /West
Job tags: open-source, big data, infrastructure