Senior Manager, Sales Operations
Remote job description
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we're building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you're ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There's no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work - whether it's from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop - while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
At Instacart we solve for the customer. That extends beyond the hundreds of thousands of consumers we deliver groceries and to the many leading and emerging consumer packaged goods (CPG) advertisers that want to shape how consumers perceive, shop, and stay loyal to their brands. Instacart's Brand Partnerships team is focused on serving these clients through our native advertising platform.
We are hiring a Senior Manager, Sales Operations who will support team leadership in building, maintaining, and iterating on a comprehensive end-to-end sales management process inclusive of market sizing and segmentation, sales territory development, leading and lagging metric definition and reporting, measuring team progress against goals, building new revenue management capabilities, and sizing new product opportunities in partnership with leadership. The role is highly cross-functional with engagement between sales leadership, company management, finance, and strategy.
Your day to day...
- Partner with sales leadership to define & quantify quarterly team objectives & performance
- Manage end-to-end sales planning processes -- from market sizing, account segmentation, quota setting and allocation, forecasting, and prospect tracking through to revenue realization
- Design, coordinate, and deliver periodic reporting to Instacart's Brand Partnership leadership team focusing on both leading and lagging metrics
- Direct a team of highly skilled and motivated business analysts and sales operations team members
- Partner with sales and other cross functional leaders to conduct deep analysis to move the business forward
- Streamline workflows and processes to limit field sales exposure to operational overhead through weekly rhythm enhancements
- Use your deep understanding of the business levers and metrics to give leaders the context needed to make key decisions
- Constantly iterate to improve reporting & associated processes
- 8+ years of experience in a relevant field with demonstrated cross-functional and collaborative project or team management experience, and a track record of leveraging data for business impact. This is a great opportunity for those with experience in Consulting, Corporate Strategy, or similar roles.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills. Financial modeling experience in MS Excel and Tableau required.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business & product challenges
- Strong written & verbal communication with the ability to express complex topics clearly & easily
- Excellent attention to detail, follow-through, and resourcefulness
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to work cross-functionally with many teams and multi-task with a sense of urgency
- An interest in working in a fast-growing, fast-paced environment with changing responsibilities, and a willingness to lend a helping hand wherever it's needed
Nice to Have...
- Exposure to and understanding of digital advertising including Search
- Experience working closely with a distributed sales team
- Experience with SQL
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
OR, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, RI, VT, DC, PA, VA, CO, TX, IL, HI
All other states
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Company name: Instacart
Remote job title: Senior Manager, Sales Operations
Job tags: Sales Operations, Corporate Strategy, Financial Modeling