Director of Business Development and Growth Paraspace
Remote job description
Director of Business Development & Growth
Full-Time, Fully Remote
We are a decentralized money market and leaders in the space to offer lending, staking and borrowing in the Polkadot ecosystem. As of March 2022, we are valued at $1 Billion and backed by some of the best investors in the valley, including Sequoia Capital, Blockchain Capital, Lightspeed, and Peter Thiel's Founder's Fund. We are a global company and vastly growing; we have ~100 employees worldwide and are looking to double our headcount by 2023. Our mission is to bring DeFi to 1 Billion people.
TEAM STRUCTURE & SCOPE OF ROLE
You will be the first new member joining a growing Business Development team, reporting directly to our CEO/Founder, Yubo Ruan, & working closely with various key stakeholders across the organization ultimately focusing on achieving growth through a comprehensive set of activities related:
- Strategize and execute full-cycle deals from start to finish
- Build partnership within NFT marketplace, NFT collections, DEX, crypto exchanges, etc.
- Bring TVL through funds
- Strategically conduct and manage outreach campaigns and initiatives to generate qualified leads and prospects
- Creating and manage a consistent pipeline of qualified opportunities
- Representing Parallel at industry events and conferences
- Promoting our brand, building awareness, leading sales pitches, developing offers and proposals for partners
- Leading business development projects, partnerships, joint ventures, strategic alliances.
- Evaluating potential prospects in the crypto/ fintech industry; research and analyze partnering options, and propose successful partnerships to the internal teams for consideration
- Effectively collaborating cross-functionally to help improve the products
To be successful in this role, you are a motivated self-starter that works well within a team. You're passionate about blockchain, especially DeFi. You're a personable and skilled networker who's willing to go the extra mile.
Ideally, you are also knowledgeable about DeFi, project bonus points, and have at least a year or more of experience in the crypto industry.
WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN PARALLEL
- Get in on the ground floor learning every aspect of building and managing growth for a DeFi company.
- Massive career growth opportunity in a multifaceted role where you'll have massive opportunity to learn, develop skills/experience, and grow.
- Have huge impact, see immediate results of your hard work
- Experience working with a number of diff types of stakeholders and institutions. Work a growing company, work with an array of different projects, retails, institutions, treasuries, and NFTs. Be on the inside at the ground floor as we are building an incredible new company from the ground up. Build & implement strategies to incentivize and attract new users, partnership, and ultimately grow your own career at a company that's leading in a rapidly growing space ?" the Polkadot ecosystem.
- Have direct access and work closely with our CEO/Founder, Yubo Ruan.
- Join a team who are leaders in the Polkadot space, making DeFi available for individuals across the world. We are very passionate and entrepreneurial at Parallel and are looking for individuals to help challenge, push and motivate one another. If you have creative, efficient ideas, come join us and help set the trend
- Work in crypto! Crypto is here to stay and welcomes all individuals. We at Parallel are diverse, inclusive and forward-thinking with a huge global presence and community. Join a team that is changing the world by bringing financial freedom, inclusion, & efficiency to 1 Billion People through web3.
- At least 2-3 years of previous experience at other major crypto/blockchain company
- Extensive and deep industry connections
- Solid understanding of DeFi protocols and NFTs
- Experience with high-level strategy - understanding business demands, relationship-building, sales/pitching-experience and solid communication
- Self starter, hard-working, passionate, team-player
- Previous experience at a start-up, a plus
Company name: Parallel Finance
Remote job title: Director of Business Development and Growth Paraspace
Job tags: blockchain, business development