Corporate Development Associate
Remote job description
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.4T U.S. construction industry.
Built's platform for the construction finance industry modernizes the movement of money between all stakeholders within the construction and real estate process to manage risk and maximize productivity. Built provides software, payments, B2B marketplace, and data solutions to more than 190 of the top financial institutions and hundreds of contractors throughout North America.
In addition to our recent $125M Series D funding and $1.5B valuation, we're proud to have been named one of Forbes' Best Startup Employers in America and one of The Tennessean's 2022 Top Workplaces. Bringing on the "best talent in the world" is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory-and we want you to be part of it.
Built is looking for a Corporate Development Associate to play a critical role in helping Built find and acquire compelling target companies. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with leaders across the organization to create and deliver real value for Built, as part of its ambitious strategy and vision.
In this role, you will:
- Research, identify and assess strategic acquisitions that contribute toward Built's multifaceted corporate strategy and objectives
- Assist in due diligence and deal execution process in partnership with the target's management team and cross-functional internal stakeholders
- Support business case development for potential acquisitions, including building financial models, valuation analysis, and creating memos
- Work with Product and other key internal stakeholders to understand business needs, priorities, and requirements - and how M&A may help to address these
- Build-out competitive intelligence resources and acquisition sourcing efforts
- 2+ years of experience in investment banking, corporate development, private equity, venture capital, or another relevant role within a tech start-up, real estate, or construction business
- Proficient in financial modeling and valuation analyses
- Experience drafting and delivering internal presentations and/or deal memos
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Creative thinker and very detail-oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ideally with experience working cross-functionally with multiple teams or stakeholders
- M&A transaction experience preferred but not required
- Experience within or passion for proptech, fintech or SaaS is a plus!
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including: uncapped vacation, health, dental & vision insurance, and 401k
- Robust compensation package including base salary, quarterly bonus, and equity
- Flexible working hours, paid family leave, ERGs & Mentorship opportunities
- Learning grant program to support ongoing professional development
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines-and each of them bring their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it's our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we're committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.
Company name: Built
Remote job title: Corporate Development Associate
Job tags: saas / subscription, software