Broker, Vouch Specialty
Remote job description
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch is a Virtual First Workplace with office locations in SF, Chicago, and NYC. This role can be based anywhere in the U.S as long as you can work our Vouch core collaboration hours (8:30 am-2:30 pm Pacific Time).
This role will require a willingness to develop the necessary knowledge of professional lines products and develop skills to better assess risks and exposures. In this position, the Broker's main responsibility will be supporting the management of the existing book and assisting in placements; while learning all aspects of professional lines insurance at Vouch.
In this role, the Broker provides basic technical expertise and administrative support to the other placements team members to facilitate the process of market placement, client service, and account processing.
This is an operational role that supports the Placements Team by assisting with organization, daily operations, communication with clients and account management support, quoting process, proposal creation, pipeline, and Salesforce maintenance.
We pride ourselves on making things fast, easy, and tailored for our customers. Some of our best customer feedback is about our amazing customer experience and service. You'll be responsible for helping us scale that reputation.
- Consult with and advise internal team members and clients on technical insurance matters. This includes new business, renewals, and upgrades of existing coverage.
- Meet and exceed production and service KPIs
- Process policies and endorsements on both carrier and agency management systems, documenting and issuing all relevant documentation
- Review and evaluate information and analytics to assess and evaluate client risks to support the placement of client risks in the insurance market
- Works closely with the Sales and Success team in gathering information for submissions
- Oversee design and preparation of draft proposals; negotiate and finalize carrier quotes, terms and conditions, and coverage confirmations to ensure contract certainty
- Bind carrier quotes and review binders and coverage confirmations
- Responsible for project assignments as directed by management and working in a collaborative team environment
- Develops business relationships with Sales, Customer Success, Insurance Ops, and externally our carrier contacts and wholesale partners
- Deliver consistent and timely follow-up in response to client requests and issues
- Maintain systems and follow-up for receipt of policies, endorsements, inspection reports, correspondence, claims, etc. from outside sources
- Assist in processing binders, invoices, and any tax filings
- Assistance in accounting procedures such as invoicing
- Assist in creating Certificates of Insurance for Vouch Specialty clients
- Participated in continuing education to develop professional lines product knowledge
- Other relevant duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2+ years of insurance experience (e.g., insurance account management, customer account management success)
- Ambition to master cyber/E&O coverage and exposures
- Experience in retail agency/brokerage or insurance company environment preferred
- Dependable, positive, and detail-oriented with excellent follow-through skills
- Able to deal well with ambiguity and maintain composure in complex situations
- Will seek guidance when needed
- Associate's degree or higher preferred
- P&C License required
Nice to have:
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high growth environments
- Basic understanding of wholesale insurance coverages, forms, and processes preferred.
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
- Monthly Doordash credits ($80/month)
- Vouch believes in putting our people first, and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ranges of abilities. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
- If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. #LI-Remote
Company name: Vouch
Remote job title: Broker, Vouch Specialty