Stock Plan Manager
Remote job description
Squarespace is known for our award-winning design, new technology, memorable marketing campaigns, and the teams that power it all behind the scenes. We're looking for an Equity Plan Administrator to join our team, who will manage all aspects of our global equity program, including new grants, equity transactions, grant cancellations, and employee education.
You will report to the Director, Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting, and can be based remotely in any US location within an approved state (see application question below).
You will get to...
- Manage the day-to-day administration of the company's global equity program
- Coordinate with multiple departments including People, Legal and Finance & Accounting
- Coordinate with external partners such as equity plan management platform provider, broker and transfer agent
- Manage Shareworks and Armanino to ensure all equity plan transactions (grants, exercises, dispositions, transfers, releases, etc.) are correctly processed in a timely manner and to maintain data integrity
- Ensure global equity reporting and compliance with international tax and regulatory requirements, including 3921
- Coordinate the review and approval of new equity grants, ensuring proper controls are in place
- Maintain budget information related to the usage of the equity plan
- Prepare reports for the Executive Team and Compensation Committee of the BOD as required.
- Prepare ad hoc and regular reports on a periodic basis for tracking of the equity plan
- Develop and provide education to employees on equity compensation
- Maintain inbox for any employee questions related to the equity plan
- Reconcile transactions, termination dates, tax withholding and reporting, and other items as required
- Work on special projects relating to equity
Who we're looking for
- 5+ years of equity/stock administration experience at a global public company
- Experience with the Shareworks platform and other major third-party equity software systems and brokerage firms
- Strong understanding of U.S. federal, state and global equity taxation
- Experience with US GAAP and SOX
- Experience building out employee education programs with regards to equity
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) preferred
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Company name: Squarespace
Remote job title: Stock Plan Manager
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services, smb, soho, websites