You will be working within our brand new Development Team, building our highly sophisticated and interactive greenfield SaaS web application. This will be delivered to hundreds of thousands of users across the world.
You will need to help design and build out the cloud native platform with Microsoft Azure and ensure it is built to specification and rigorously maintained. Security, scalability and resiliency of the platform are of paramount importance.
You will also be required to establish continuous integration and continuous deployment processes using Azure DevOps Services, with source code repositories in GitHub. You will need to work closely with the Engineering Team to ensure projects are delivered and released to the platform in a timely manner.
You must be proficient with Infrastructure as Code, such as Terraform. You will also need to have expertise with Docker, and configure deployments that target both Azure App Services for Linux Containers, and Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS).
What Youll Need
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A positive and proactive attitude with strong initiative, team-working skills and the ability to learn quickly.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate in English in all forms.
- Several years proven commercial experience in a DevOps role using the Microsoft Azure cloud.
- Well-practiced with Agile Development Methodology, working in short sprint cycles.
- Extensive experience of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment technologies and the approach e.g. Azure DevOps Services and TeamCity.
- Extensive use of Git Source Control and integration, in particular using GitHub.
- Full understanding and use of Containerization Technology (Docker, Kubernetes, Nginx).
- Use of cloud-based container registries, such as Azure Container Registry or AWS Elastic Container Registry (ECR).
- Excellent scripting skillset using Terraform and PowerShell.
- Familiarity with Azure Resource Manager Templates.
- Thorough understanding of Azure Virtual Networks, Subnets, CIDR Blocks, Azure Express Route and other Azure networking fundamentals.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services, including Route 53, Security Groups, VPC, Lightsail and EC2.
- Linux administration skills.
In Return Youll Receive
- An opportunity to help build our new, highly sophisticated cloud-native platform.
- An opportunity to work with some of the most modern and leading-edge cloud-based technologies available; working closely with top experts in the industry.
- Great start-up culture in a fun, friendly and hardworking team.
- Flexible remote working
- Competitive salary
- Share options package - a rare opportunity to get in early and have a stake in what could potentially be a unicorn start-up, with a huge financial payback
- 34 days paid holiday (including public holidays).
- Plus an extra day off on your birthday!
DevOps Engineer (Azure Cloud, CI/CD, Kubernetes, Networking)
Tags: azure, docker, kubernetes, continuous-integration, networking