We are looking for aRails developer to help on one of our flagship e-commerce projects.
We specialise in building bespoke software for global businesses, and have a team of highly-skilled and multi-disciplined engineers. Our primary focus is to deliver exceptional value to our customers and as such are proponents of Agile methodologies.
This role is a full-time contract position and you can work from wherever you want.
Skills & Qualifications
- MUST:Very strong Ruby background (Rails 5+, Rspec, etc)
- MUST:Experience performing in a team and working harmoniously with others
- MUST:Good level written and spoken English
- MUST:Be able to overlap within an hour of UK working hours
- SHOULD HAVE: Experience working with different languages and technologies
- SHOULD HAVE: Ability to navigate, understand, and reuse large existing codebases
- SHOULD HAVE: A basic understanding of UI/UX design principles
- SHOULD HAVE: Experience with ops (Heroku, AWS etc)
- BONUS: Experience with Contentful
This role is perfect for a candidate that not only enjoys development, but also wants to have input on the best approach and implementation method. On a typical day you will:
- Work in dynamic squads in a team of 10+ skilled & enthusiastic Rubyengineers
- Morning stand-up with the team via video, a full structured development process
- Have a direct input in application architecture decisions
- Write efficient and testable code
- Review PRs created by your fellow team members
- Document your code concisely and clearly
- Take part in regular retrospectives to improve the team process
What we look for
An ideal candidate has:
- Available tojoin within a few weeks
- Based in a location with a Time Zone between GMT -2 to GMT +2
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Exceptional written and spoken English communication skills
- A proactive and autonomous approach towards work
- Experience working across a variety of different languages
- Ability to work on large codebases which require patience to understand
- High quality coding standards
- Strong team ethic; keen to help other team members succeed
Delivering exceptional value to our customers is imperative. The ideal candidate is the perfect brand ambassador; a brilliant technical mind with the accompanying interpersonal skills necessary to function in a team environment.
As an Ascent developer you will work in a small and close-knit group. Our mindset is focused on constant iteration and improvement.
- Work remotely
- Great compensation
- Flexible holiday
- Exceptional support network from your team members
- World class delivery and attention to detail
- Strong customer focus
- Fast-paced environment
- Can-do approach
- Positive attitude towards change
- Quick and eager to learn
- Highly collaborative
Ruby Rails developer - Solve interesting problems from home!
Tags: ruby-on-rails, ruby, reactjs