Kukui is looking for a detail-oriented, experienced individual to lead our website development teams. To be successful in this role, youll need to be a self-starter and used to working in both an autonomous role, while coordinating across other departments worldwide. This role requires significant project management experience blended with technical experience; resulting in equal parts left and right brain. This person can understand and speak to technical concepts while foreseeing challenges and being proactive to mitigate project risks, which includes balancing a clients best interests with Kukuis. The Director will be responsible for overseeing the design and development teams worldwide and guiding their implementation process of website design and development as well as content creation with an SEO focus, and ongoing PPC campaigns and other services. This position will play a key role in driving the overall efforts for delivering digital projects, in an efficient, profitable, and maintainable approach.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Department and team (distributed worldwide) oversight supporting all digital marketing team efforts, including design, web development, SEO, and PPC advertising ensuring a best-in-class experience for our clients.
- Champion and educate internal teams on best practices in UX design and Web Management that drives engagement, conversion, and advocacy for Kukuis clients.
- Collaborate with Kukuis product and engineering teams to evaluate new features for development and distribution across the client base.
- Serve as a champion for the end-user, leveraging quantitative and qualitative data that provides analysis and insights into ways that guide end-to-end web experiences and enhancements that drive customer satisfaction, ROI for clients and in turn positive profitability for Kukui.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements (GDPR, CCPA, WCAG) and company policies on web site usage, security, and standards for Kukui and its clients.
- Analyze and Report team performance by identifying individual and team progress according to Kukuis performance management policy.
- Develop and champion a playbook for implementations and deliveries in order to continuously scale. Evaluate and improve the playbook as needed and ensure the team executes against the playbook.
- Manage teams' schedules, work assignments, status reports, project budgets, scope of work, milestones, risks, change controls, etc.
- Responsible for completing projects within prescribed resource limits and in accordance with client requirements and established processes.
- Continually improve teams' efficiencies by implementing new processes, technologies, and tools.
- Review and prepare SOWs (statements of work), documentation, quotes, and collaborate with Production and Client Services to manage customers expectations.
- Proactively stay current with website platforms' latest features and offerings.
- Track operating costs, forecasting, and capacity planning for the department.
- Contract and manage external agencies/partners/vendors and resources.
- Define and implement project methodologies that are appropriate to the task and Kukuis culture.
- Communicate clearly and consistently with senior leadership regarding status, team resourcing, team capacity, challenges, proposed solutions, and risks.
- Own and lead all kickoff, resource, standup, and project meetings.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Familiarity with Adobes design suite. (Photoshop & Dreamweaver).
- Experience working with CMS' or website development platforms (e.g. WordPress, Weebly, or Duda).
- Strong knowledge of and facility with web technologies, including Content Management System (CMS), Client Relationship Management (CRM), advocacy and email, and comfort in both open source and licensed tools and blended environments. (Extra points for experience with web platforms like Duda, Weebly, or Wordpress).
- Experience managing multidisciplinary teams: tech, UX, content, design, internal resources, external contractors you name it.
- Progressive experience in customer-focused web product management and/or UX/UI design.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, good verbal and written communication skills, proven ability to meet deadlines, and ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented, strategic thinker with strong analytical skills to synthesize raw data into action.
- Confident and effective speaker and presenter, as well as an active listener open to feedback.
- Ability and excitement to shepherd ideas from idea to definition to production.
- Ability to recognize and conduct a strategic plan to solve significant escalations and mitigate critical risks.
- An ownership mentality for everything that you and your team deliver. Delivering on that ownership requires an entrepreneurial spirit, a healthy dose of autonomy, and the ability to put aside ego when its time to build.
- Interest and skill in playing well with others, in learning and teaching, and in building something excellent.
- Impeccable organizational skills. You should have an inherent knack and appreciation for spreadsheets, timelines, budgeting, project management tools, juggling, and reprioritization.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Youll need to be a clear and persuasive communicator for senior leadership, vendors, team, and peers, able to synthesize and represent different POVs and ideas.
- Strong business and marketing acumen; proven experience in being responsible for the financial stewardship of a department.
- Deliver projects on time and within budget; strong change management skills.
Nice to Have:
- SEO/SEM experience
- Experience in managing distributed teams - especially worldwide.
- Prior experience working as a Digital Project Manager within a digital agency environment preferred, specifically as it relates to enterprise website builds.
- Demonstrated client service/account management experience, experience with B2C marketing as well as B2B marketing preferred.
- Prefer candidate is based on the East Coast, but if not must be willing and able to commit to early hours/meetings.
- 2+ years project management.
- 2+ years website development.
- 5-10 years of prior management experience, with some portion dedicated to website development/professional services.
Bachelors preferred but not required with appropriate experience
Schedule and Travel:
- Travel expected up to 25% of the time (post-COVID pandemic) and will include at least 4 international trips per year.
- Work from home/remote opportunity. Must be willing to overlap schedule with the distributed teams and may require as early as 5am EST.
Compensation Commensurate with Experience.
Health Benefits and Company Perks.
Director of Digital Services (Las Vegas, NV)
Tags: content-management-system, html, seo, css, ads