Nominets DNS team is growing due to the ambitions of the organisation to expand its innovative DNS related cybersecurity services and the Senior Internet Systems Engineer role will form a key part of that growth, driving the innovation and automation of the related infrastructure and systems.
As Senior Internet Systems Engineer you will work at the core of the Internet.Designing and managing critical national infrastructure and government secure services.
You will design, build and operate the Nominet DNS platforms and Internet connectivity, carrying out business as usual support and project duties as required, and take a lead in analysing requirements, documenting solutions, and leading other team members in successful new service deployments.
- Provide technical expertise to design and operate Nominet DNS/DNSSEC platforms.
- Analyse business requirements and design/deploy solutions based around DNS and network platforms.
- Ensure that Nominets DNS services maintain the enviable record of security, stability, and maintainability to maximise uptime and meet customer SLAs for external and internal DNS systems.
- Interface with the wider technical teams to ensure all systems are working in an efficient and scalable manner.
- Be a subject matter expert in DNS and DNSSEC particularly with regard to ongoing operations.
- Quickly understand the existing environments and rapidly build the relationships required across the business. Understand the strategic importance of DNS to Nominet and its service offerings.
- Lead/mentor team members to develop the breadth and depth of skills across the function
- Participate in an on-call rota to support critical services.
- Represent Nominet on key national and international committees and fora, presenting and demonstrating thought leadership in the areas of DNS Operations
- Be ready to travel nationally and internationally as a subject matter expert in DNS and DNSSEC operations.
KEY RESULTS / OUTPUTS AND DELIVERABLES
- Maintain high service levels and continue the multi-year record of 100% uptime to the Authoritative and Resolver DNS platforms
- React to and promptly resolve incidents within the Authoritative and Recursive DNS platforms.
- Plan and implement changes in a robust, proven and safe way to DNS and services
- Deliver project and programmes to agreed time, cost and quality
- Strong ISO process development and adherence against 20000, 27001 and 22301 standards
- Create simple solutions for complex and challenging problems
- Advanced practical knowledge of DNS/DNSSEC protocols and operations.
- Advanced experience of at least one of the following types of DNS Software running on Linux systems, (BIND, NSD, Unbound, PowerDNS).
- Knowledge of Internet networking protocols and peering principles using BGP.
- Experience interpreting and producing High- and Low-Level designs based on the documented requirement.
- Excellent communication skills, being able to tailor content and style to the audience at hand.
- A strong desire to take the skills above and move them to the next level helping Nominet develop their DNS Excellence.
- Experience of automation/configuration management tools (Ansible preferred)
- Experience of virtualisation technologies such as VMware
- Experience of RedHat Linux and RPM packaging
- Capabilities with a major scripting language (Python Preferred)
- Significant cyber-security awareness and knowledge of the threats and the applicability of risk mitigation approaches in a fast-changing landscape
- Ability to provide technical leadership to other team members and work under pressure
- An exceptional talent for problem-solving and logical reasoning with the ability to think laterally and look beyond the obvious
If you have a real interest and enthusiasm for working with the latest technology within a highly motivated team and will bring fresh and exciting ideas to the role as well as having a very inquisitive and analytical mind, then please apply to become our Senior Internet Systems Engineer today. We look forward to receiving your application.
ONLINE APPLICATION>>VIDEO INTERVIEW>>FACE TO FACE INTERVIEW>>JOB OFFER
Please note: As part of the job application, you will be asked to complete a brief online application form and profile.Company
Senior Internet Systems Engineer - DNS at Nominet (Oxford, UK)
Tags: reactjs, linux, dns, dnssec, sysadmin