Do you love exploring the ways technology helps you do all your favorite things?
Do you love helping people and sharing your knowledge?
Do you want to grow your career with a company that rewards your hard work?
Do you want to improve your work / life balance and work from the comfort of home?
If yes, Transcom has an exciting career opportunity for you, if you can:
- Effortlessly engage with callers, actively listen, analyze, and isolate tech issues
- Comfortably navigate multiple applications to research solutions
- Multitask in systems while patiently providing step-by-step instructions
- Calmly provide conflict resolution and navigate frustrated customer situations
- Work independently with discipline and motivation to succeed in a virtual environment
- Work in a highly structured environment with strict adherence to your assigned full-time schedule
- Work at a desk in your home office, wearing an approved headset, for the duration of a full-time schedule
In this role, you’ll be the friendly voice of our Technology client to support their customers via inbound phone calls. You will listen to the caller and use your technical expertise, and passion for outstanding customer service, to answer questions about products / services, or troubleshoot technical issues with smartphones, tablets, and computers.
Work for a company passionate about people! We offer:
- 100% work at home, including training
- Full-Time, Permanent, Employee Positions (not an independent contractor)
- Health Benefits for you and your family, including: medical, dental, vision, FSA, and supplemental insurance
- 401(k) Investment options with employer match opportunities
- Improved Work / Life balance with paid time off (PTO)
- Ability to develop your skills and grow your career
- All-In-One computer, and headset, provided by Transcom
- At least 18 years or older
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Able to successfully pass a criminal background check
- Able to work a full-time work week of 32-40 hours, with opportunities for overtime during peak season
- Able to maintain 100% strict adherence to the assigned schedule
- Able to work a variety of shifts influenced by current business needs (including evenings, weekends, and holidays)
- Able to work full-time hours, with reliable attendance, as outlined in the assigned schedule
- Strong computer knowledge, including ability to accurately type at least 40 wpm
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Courteous and friendly with high level of professionalism
- Willingness to follow procedures and adhere to policies
- Able to multi-task applications while talking to customers on the phone
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to actively listen to customer needs and demonstrate empathy
- Ability to work in an environment where you must sit, reach, communicate (verbally and electronically), type, read, multi-task, and concentrate in a prolonged setting.
- Previous call center, work from home, or tech support experience preferred
- *Must live and work in one of the following states:
AL, AR, FL, GA, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MS, MO, NE
NV, NH, NC, ND, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI
Home Office Requirements
Transcom provides you an all-in-one computer and monitor for this position. The computer contains a built-in webcam that is required to be used for internal training and meetings.
- You must have a secure, quiet, distraction-free work environment without any conflicting responsibilities during your scheduled work shift. (Conflicting responsibilities may include caring for a family member)
- You must have a hardwired DSL, Fiber, or Cable Internet via an Ethernet connection
- (Dial up, Wireless, or Satellite internet service cannot be used)
- Minimum download speed 20 Mbps
- Minimum upload speed 3 Mbps
- Ping less than 100 ms
Although the computer is provided if you are hired, you will need a home desktop or laptop computer that is hardwired using an Ethernet connection to complete the typing and internet speed assessments during the application. This is a requirement to be considered for this employment opportunity.
We are a global network of 26,000 local specialists, across 20 countries, passionate about providing outstanding customer experiences. Equipped with intelligent technology, we strive to be one step ahead of the newest trends as we support over 200 international companies in a variety of industries. From reactive trouble-shooting to active solution finding. It's what we call smarter people experiences.
We are the voice of our clients. We are Transcom.
Right now, we are growing our virtual footprint in North America and currently hire remote employees in 30 states and 6 Canadian provinces. Proud to be recognized by FlexJobs as #17 on their list of the Top 100 companies to watch for remote work in 2020.