A dynamic and growing mortgage banker in Lake Forest is seeking (2) quality Government Underwriters and remote work is an option.Responsibilities:
- Experience underwriting VA; FHA; USDA; NON-QM; Conventional; DPA loans.
- Verify completeness and accuracy of file.
- Clear conditions and render a decision within established credit guidelines, compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Review, evaluate and synthesize data to ascertain loan viability.
- Identify risk issues and potential fraud.
- Identify, recommend and/or negotiate alternative loan requirements, funding and/or loan-structuring solutions.
- Approve, decline, or suspend/return any loan submission.
- Utilize automated underwriting systems when required by an investor.
- At least 10 years' current mortgage underwriting experience
- Proficient in use of DU and LP
- DE Certified
- LAPP/SAR plus
- Advanced knowledge of DU and LP
- Advance knowledge of Encompass
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
On Call Staffing