Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Location: Irving, TX 75063 – WFH during pandemic
Contract Length: 06/29/2020 - 09/27/2021
To design, develop, maintain, test and debug software and applications; to determine the impact of new programs on and ensure compatibility with existing systems; to develop expertise in and assume responsibility for one or more specific system functions; under general supervision, to formulate/define system scope and objectives; to devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results; in some cases, to be responsible for project completion; and to provide guidance and training to other analyst/programmers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Becomes familiar with all aspects of the application, including reports, parameters, claims management, intake services, carrier/client interfaces and vendor/business partner interfaces.
• Assumes responsibility and develops expertise for a specific area of functionality of the application.
• Analyzes user needs, as required, and leads in the design of specifications to meet those needs.
• Develops and maintains software to meet the specifications outlined in data processing requests.
• Assesses requirements of insurance carriers and regulatory groups; leads in the design and development of software to meet those requirements.
• Tests and debugs software; assists in testing projects for other analyst/programmers.
• Prepares documentation for assigned projects and completes the paperwork necessary to release the project.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Knowledge of client/server applications and claims management systems
Eight (8) years of program development experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required
two (2) years specialized experience with an emphasis on interpreting user requirements, business application design and programming of business applications.
Insurance industry experience preferred.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required. Information Systems or Computer Science major preferred.