Manager Teaching OperationsDescription
We are the world's learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
Since 2001, our Online & Blended Learning division has reimagined K-12 education with full-time virtual schools for students who want a personalized, more flexible approach to learning. Our flagship products and services include Connections Academy, US-based online public charter schools; International Connections Academy, a global online private school; and Pearson Connexus, our comprehensive online school program for school districts nationwide.
Our company culture is built around our motto "Always Learning" and a set of core values that we live by: brave, imaginative, decent, accountable, curious, customer-centric, and collaborative.
Working from home, the Manager of Teaching Services role will focus on Pearson OBL teacher effectiveness and student success. Responsibilities for this role include teacher hiring and onboarding, professional development, daily supervision and evaluation for teachers, and departmental projects as assigned. The Manager will report to the Director of Teaching Services or a Senior Manager of Teaching Services.
- Interview, hire, train, and supervise a team of full time and adjunct teachers who work fromtheir homes and teach students online;
- Ensure and monitor teacher intervention in the case of low student participation/performance;
- Collaborate with Pearson OBL colleagues to develop and implement policies and procedures;
- Support the teacher mentoring program and lead professional development activities, asrequested;
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with Program Managers to ensure fullimplementation of program policies and procedures by teachers;
- Conduct performance evaluations for a team of up to 25 teachers by providing high-qualitywritten and verbal feedback on a regular basis;
- Ensure that teachers exhibit and maintain a high level of professionalism, instructionalsupport, and customer service;
- Maintain a high level of communication with teachers, meeting at least bimonthly either individually or in small groups, to ensure compliance with departmental and program expectations, facilitate team collaboration, and to provide support;
- Support teachers in Career Ladder roles, and specifically oversee teacher supervisors and their direct reports, providing coaching in supervision as needed;
- Assist direct reports in the understanding of certification and professional development requirements and monitor to ensure completion;
- Assist teachers with implementing any program changes and/or new software applications;
- Exemplify the company's core values; and
- Additional duties as assigned.
Pearson Online & Blended Learning is focused on providing a flexible work environment to its employees, including the ability to work from home on a regular basis in most positions. We believe that flexibility in work/life balance is a critical part of our culture and employee satisfaction, and we are proud to provide to our employees the ability to work from anywhere, anytime. In exchange, we require that employees have the appropriate means to work remotely, including adherence to our work at home policies regarding home office setup, including but not limited to privacy of records, technology standards, equipment standards and expectations.
The following equipment will be provided to you by the company as a full-time employee:
The following equipment will need to be provided by you, as the employee, when working from home:
- Minimum of 5 years teaching experience (virtual teaching experience preferred)
- Minimum 3 years of experience supervising teachers in an academic setting
- Master's degree in a related field required
- Valid teaching credential (any state)
- Strong leadership qualities and a commitment to accountability toward studentperformance outcomes
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret performance-based data
- Comfortable presenting information to both small and large groups
- Technologically proficient (especially with the use of Microsoft Office and Google Apps)
- Customer focused approach, with excellent communication skills, both oral and written*
- Innovative and creative problem solver, with a high degree of adaptability to shift priorities
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and thrive in a fast-pacedenvironment
- Team player-- demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues and delegateresponsibility to accomplish objectives
- Some travel may be required
- Customer Centric - Acts with a strong customer mindset (both internal and external) and is a visible advocate for the customer. Builds strong relationships with customers and uses those to improve their experience and outcomes.
- Delivering Financial Results - A strong track record of delivering against budgets and commitments.
- Communications - A great communicator who engages teams and stakeholders with thoughtful delivery and messages that resonate.
- Building a strong team - Creates strong morale and inclusive spirit within team, Proactively addresses team performance and communication challenges and blends new people into teams when needed. Has a track record of hiring and quickly and effectively onboarding great talent. Demonstrated success developing and promoting talent.
- Works well in a matrix - Models collaboration, solves problems with peers, builds trust and support.
- Takes personal responsibility - Can be relied on to complete tasks timely and well, demonstrates "ownership" regardless of the outcome, proactive in exploring and leveraging new opportunities.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.Primary Location:
United StatesWork Locations:
North America ConnectionsEmployee Status:
Regular EmployeeJob Type:
Day JobJob Posting:
Jun 22, 2020Job Unposting:
Full-time RegularReq ID:
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.Company
Manager Teaching Operations