Our client in Boston MA is looking for Cloud Engineer (Operations). If interested Please apply to this ad or send your resume and contact details with the job title in the subject line.
This is an Urgent Need! - For immediate consideration please submit your resume and call 602-491-9465
Phone No.: 602-491-9465
Position: Boston MA
Job Location: Cloud Engineer (Operations)
As a cloud engineer, you will perform a range of activities required to both maintain and continuously automate a large, complex virtualization and cloud-based computing environment in Azure. In addition, you will contribute technical knowledge and experience within the team and, when called upon, serve as a technical liaison between internal departments.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization for Azure cloud and virtualization end-to-end architecture and IaaS, as well as PaaS and SaaS solutions such as Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Data Warehouse, etc.
• Develop and maintain a library of deployable, tested, and documented automation design scripts, processes, and procedures.
• Enable DevOps development activities and complex development tasks that will involve working with tools such as Docker, Kubernetes and container management systems.
• Provide advanced system administration, operational support and problem resolution for a large complex cloud computing environment in Azure
• Design, configure, implement and support an automated workflow for cloud and virtual environment provisioning
• Implement production changes during defined maintenance windows and support on call rotation
• Perform cloud computing and virtual environment build-outs, software installation, maintenance and support
• Write and maintain documentation of relevant operating procedures and processes.
• Design, develop, and build the business’s cloud infrastructure architecture.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Good consultative, communication, team player and analytical skills are a must, as you will be regularly interacting between various teams which are distributed across the US.
• Strong hands-on experience scripting/development skills in Powershell, Python, Java, etc. in a corporate environment
• Working knowledge of infrastructure design and components, such as servers, operating systems, networks, and storage
• Hands-on experience with: Azure DevOps and Pipelines, Terraform, Azure Resource Manager, Kubernetes, Github, and configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
• Experience with architecting, implementing and maintaining highly available mission critical environments for 24x7 availability
• Experience working in an environment with a defined production change control process
• Relevant experience with configuration and implementation of IaaS, Infrastructure as code, Azure, etc.
• Demonstrated history of working within deadlines and ability to work well under pressure
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, etc.), or equivalent combination of education and experience required
• 5 or more years experience in IT systems installation, operations, administration, and maintenance of virtualized servers / cloud systems