As a Mobile Developer at Ascensus, you will be working in a high-energy cross-functional Scrum team responsible for developing applications for mobile devices powered by Android or iOS Native Development Kit. You will ensure that these components and the overall application are responsive, robust and easy to maintain using best mobile development practices in the industry today coordinating with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. We are building high performing agile teams that are empowered to solve the business needs by continuously releasing quality software with user-centered design. Key expectations of this role include a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product along with a curiosity about new mobile technologies.
Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and build applications for the mobile platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Create responsive front end mobile application interfaces per design guidelines and information architecture
- Collaborate with UI/UX designers and back-end developers to deliver the business vision with improved user experience
- Optimize application for maximum performance
- Embody a growth mindset to continuously learn new technologies and hone your craft
- Assist in estimating and planning throughout the software development life cycle.
- Support people and process improvement strategies for the organization.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Proficient understanding ofXamarin on iOS or Android
- Proficient understanding of building Native UI withandroid XML
- Proficient understanding.NET and C# on the Microsoft technology stack
- Proficient understanding SDK's and frameworks
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Understanding of android design principles and interface guidelines
- Understanding of Xamarin UITest automation framework
- Understanding of Nunittest framework for .NET
- Proficient understanding of GIT
- Experience working with Services Oriented Architecture, Web services, API Integration, and Restful Services
- Experience writing clean and maintainable code using engineering best practices (unit testing, continuous integration and deployment, automation, design patterns, refactoring etc.)
- Experience working with other developers, quality engineers (QE), DevOps engineers and support engineers to ensure smooth deployment and continual operation
- Strong problem solving skills
Nice to Have Skills
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 10 million Americans save for retirement and college.
Ascensus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Ascensus also takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified women, minorities, and covered veterans. Ascensus also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state lawsCompany
Senior Mobile Developer (Remote opportunities available) at Ascensus, Inc. (Dresher, PA)
Tags: mobile, android, xamarin, front-end